Monday 14 September 2015

Selena Gomez Reveals Why She Posed Naked For Her New Album Cover

selena gomez

Selena Gomez appeared recently on UK radio station Power 106’s The Cruz Show to promote her new album, Revival, which is set to be released in early October.


The 23-year-old singer and actress also discussed her emotional journey making the album, signing with a new record label and working with a new team of producers. She also addresses her topless album cover and recent body shaming.

The former child actor recently received backlash after she took to Twitter and posted a picture of her upcoming album cover which featured a completely naked Gomez.



J Cruz, host of The Cruz Show questioned the former child actor why she posed nude for the album cover.

‘That kind of was interesting,’ she noted as she pointed out that she did a similar topless photo shoot for V magazine earlier this year.

‘At the end of the day, this is not going to be a subject once the album comes out. The music is going to take over because that’s how confident I am about it.’ 
Going further, she said: ‘You have to understand that I dealt with a lot of body shaming this year and I’ve never experienced that before. I don’t care about that stuff, but I did start gaining weight, and I didn’t really mind it. ‘Man, that hurt. That was really hurtful because I’ve experienced people who have tried to control that kind of stuff before, and I didn’t care,This is my time. I want to do it the way I want to do it, It’s not even about my weight. It’s just that I’m not going to give a f*** what people say, I’m not going to let them get to me. I can do what I want,’ she exclaimed. ‘I’m not doing that all the time. It’s beautiful. It represents that it’s bare. I don’t want diamonds and things all over me for the cover, and really thick makeup. I wanted it natural, so…geez!’ Gomez stated proudly. 

The former Disney Channel star explained why she decided to title her album Revival.

The last two years, honestly, everybody’s had a say in my life ‘Nobody knows…It kind of just got out of hand.’
She confessed, ‘I was crying in the studio. Then I was happy in the studio. I recorded the best songs of my career in the studio. It was such a time for me to explore who I am,’ she said. ‘That was really important. I think that’s why we called it Revival. It’s the first song on the album.’
‘Recording Revival was almost like therapy,’ Gomez added. ‘It was so exhausting.’


No comments:

Post a Comment