Friday 16 October 2015

Model's Anger After Being Told She's 'Too Big'



A model, who is smaller than a size eight, has posted an open letter on Facebook claiming she was put under pressure to lose weight because she was deemed "too curvaceous". Charli Howard, who is 23, received many messages of support after posting the statement alleging her agency - who she does not name - dropped her because of her size. Charli Howard, a 23-year-old living in London, says the agency, which she did not name, dropped her because of her size.



"Here's a big F*** YOU to my (now ex) model agency, for saying that at 5'8" (1.73m) tall and a UK size 6-8 (naturally), I'm 'too big' and 'out of shape' to work in the fashion industry," she wrote in the letter posted on Facebook. I will no longer allow you to dictate to me what's wrong with my looks and what I need to change in order to be 'beautiful' (like losing one f****** inch off my hips), in the hope it might force you to find me work.
She said: "I refuse to feel ashamed and upset on a daily basis for not meeting your ridiculous, unobtainable beauty standards whilst you sit at a desk all day, shovelling cakes and biscuits down your throats and slagging me and my friends off about our appearance." She wrote: "In case you hadn't realised, I am a woman. I am human. I cannot miraculously shave my hip bones down, just to fit into a sample size piece of clothing or to meet 'agency standards' ... Let's face the facts: when I was seven-and-a-half stone, I still wasn't thin enough for you. When I went to the gym five hours a week, you still weren't finding me work. I can't win."


Nearly 90,000 people have signed an online petition calling for the law.

Model Rosie Nelson, 23, felt compelled to start the petition after being told by a London modelling agency to lose weight and get "down to the bone".



Modelling Agencies are they not asking for too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment